BREADED CHICKEN BREASTS AU GRATIN WITH MOZZARELLA AND MARINARA SAUCE
In collaboration with
Nancy Bordeleau, Cinq Fourchettes
15 min Prepping
15 min Cooking
- 1 cup (250 ml) Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup (250 ml) Parmesan, finely grated
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) mozzarella, grated
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) homemade or store-bought marinara sauce
Click the steps to erase them.
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise.
- Using a rolling pin or mallet, evenly flatten breasts until about half an inch thick. This will help chicken cook evenly without burning the breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan. Set aside.
- Place flour in another bowl or on a plate. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in another bowl.
- Coat one chicken breast with flour, then coat with egg mixture. Roll in breadcrumb mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Place on a plate and repeat with 5 remaining chicken breasts.
- Pour half of oil in a skillet and cook 3 chicken breasts at a time for 2 to 3 minutes per side over medium heat or until cooked in the middle. Repeat for remaining 3 chicken breasts.
- Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Arrange mozzarella cheese on top of breaded chicken breasts and broil in oven until cheese melts.
- Place on plates and top with marinara sauce.
- Serve with pesto or butter pasta or a green salad.