BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH SPINACH
In collaboration with
Nancy Bordeleau, Cinq Fourchettes
10 min Prepping
35 min Cooking
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) paprika
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) butter
- 4 cups (1 L) sweet potato, cubed
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups (500 ml) mixed small tomatoes (cherry, grape, etc.), halved
- 1 cup (250 ml) spinach, chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) 15% cream
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Combine Italian seasoning and paprika in a bowl and mix well.
- Season chicken thighs with the spice mixture.
- In a saucepan, melt 2 tbsp. (30 ml) butter.
- Brown chicken thighs on both sides, approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp. (15 ml) butter and sauté garlic for 1 to 2 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and sauté, stirring, 3 to 4 minutes. Next add tomatoes, chicken broth, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Add cream and Parmesan and mix well. Simmer over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken thighs and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Enjoy on its own or over a bed of rice.