ONE-POT QUINOA WITH BBQ CHICKEN, TOMATOES, BELL PEPPERS, AND ARUGULA
In collaboration with
Maude Bergeron, Cuisine estudiantine
25 min Prepping
15 min Cooking
- 2 bell peppers of your choice (about 2 cups/500 ml), diced
- 1 yellow onion (about 1 cup/250 ml), finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) vegetable oil of your choice
- 1 cup (250 ml) quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 3 tomatoes (about 2 cups/500 ml), cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) sambal oelek (or hot sauce of your choice)
- 2 cups (500 ml) arugula
- Sour cream or plain yogurt for topping (optional)
- Salt and pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and fry peppers, onion, and garlic over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken and quinoa, then mix.
- Add water, fresh and sundried tomatoes, and sambal oelek, then salt and pepper. Stir, bring to a boil, and reduce to medium heat. Cook uncovered for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When cooked, add arugula and serve. Top with sour cream or plain yogurt if desired.