BBQ WHISKY AND BROWN SUGAR CHICKEN WITH CUCUMBER AND PINEAPPLE SALSA
15 min Prepping
25 min Cooking
CUCUMBER AND PINEAPPLE SALSA
- 1 cup (250 ml) pineapple, diced
- 1 cup (250 ml) cucumber, diced
- 2 chili peppers, finely chopped
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) honey
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) poppy seeds (optional)
- Salt and pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Preheat barbecue to high. When you are ready to cook, reduce heat to medium and grill chicken breasts for about 20 minutes, turning from time to time and basting with the marinade. Or, brown chicken in a skillet with some oil and finish cooking in a 350 °F (180 °C) oven for about 20 minutes.
- Mix all cucumber and pineapple salsa ingredients together in a bowl. Season and set aside.
- Slice chicken breast and garnish with cucumber and pineapple salsa.
Skip this section