BBQ CHICKEN VEGETABLE SALAD
In collaboration with
Samuel Joubert, Le Coup de Grâce
35 min Prepping
25 min Cooking
BBQ CHICKEN VEGETABLE SALADOn sale
- 2 cups (500 ml) frozen corn
- Olive oil
- 1/2 head red lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 container (550 ml) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 ripe but firm avocado, diced
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1/2 tbsp. (7,5 ml) smoked paprika
Click the steps to erase them.
- Heat a good drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat and add corn. Add salt and pepper, then mix. Cook 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until corn is lightly golden. Transfer to a large salad bowl and let cool 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except avocado, and mix. Refrigerate.
- Preheat BBQ to maximum heat, then reduce to medium. Oil grill with vegetable oil.
- Place marinated chicken breasts on hot grill and cook 3 to 4 minutes to get good grill marks. Turn chicken over and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Turn off one burner and move chicken breasts to that side of the BBQ. Continue cooking over indirect heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). Move to a plate, let cool 10 minutes, then cube. Add chicken to salad.
- Combine all ingredients, season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Add approx. 5 tbsp. (or more, to taste) of dressing and toss to coat well. Add avocado and mix gently. Serve immediately.