BBQ CHICKEN SPRING ROLLS
In collaboration with
Catherine Cormier & Catherine Côté, Cath Cuisine
30 min Prepping
15 min Cooking
2 BBQ whisky and brown sugar-marinated boneless chicken breasts On sale
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 package spring roll rice wrappers
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 1 English cucumber, julienned
- 1 package rice vermicelli, cooked
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- ½ cup (125 ml) mayonnaise, homemade or store-bought
- ½ tsp. (2 ml) cayenne pepper (or amount to taste)
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) smoked paprika or 1 tsp. (5 ml) paprika and 6 drops liquid smoke
Click the steps to erase them.
- Slice the chicken breasts into strips and roast in a large frying pan with 1 tbsp. olive oil for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is golden and white inside.
- Prepare small bowls with one ingredient in each.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients of the smoked mayonnaise. Reserve.
- Take a large round-bottomed mixing bowl and fill with warm water. Soak a sheet of rice paper in the water bowl for about 10 seconds.
- Place the sheet on a board, and on the middle of the sheet, place some julienned carrot and cucumber, about 2 tbsp. (30 ml) vermicelli, 2 sprigs cilantro and some pieces of chicken. Add a dash of mayonnaise and roll closed to form a roll. Repeat.
- Serve with the remaining mayonnaise in a small bowl. Double the mayo dose for dipping die-hards!