WILD MUSHROOM STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST ROULADES
In collaboration with
Hubert Cormier, Nutritionniste
25 min Prepping
30 min Cooking
4 Exceldor chicken breasts
- One packet dehydrated wild mushrooms (forest mix)
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 cup (250 ml) light ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 French shallot, chopped
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) butter
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- Water for soaking mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Rinse dehydrated mushrooms well.
- Soak mushrooms in water for at least 15 minutes to rehydrate.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain mushrooms and reserve soaking water.
- Chop rehydrated mushrooms.
- In a bowl, combine mushrooms, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, thyme, and garlic, then season with pepper.
- Halve chicken breasts.
- Cover halved breasts with plastic wrap and pound with a rolling pin to flatten.
- Place about ¼ cup (60 ml) of stuffing in the center of each breast.
- Roll up and tie breasts with butcher’s string.
- Place roulades on parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on breast size.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan.
- Sweat chopped shallot in butter.
- Add flour and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Deglaze with white wine.
- Using a sieve, strain the mushroom soaking water and add to shallots.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.