WARM ORZO AND CHICKEN SALAD WITH SPINACH
In collaboration with
Nancy Bordeleau, Cinq Fourchettes
15 min Prepping
15 min Cooking
- 2 Exceldor Chicken Breasts, diced
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) orzo
- 7 cups (1.75 L) chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 cups (1.5 L) fresh spinach
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) filberts, roasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Bring stock to a boil.
- Cook orzo 5 to 7 minutes (per instructions on package).
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add chicken and cook a few minutes until no longer pink.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain orzo (if desired, reserve stock to make soup).
- Add orzo and spinach to chicken.
- Cook until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Add Parmesan and stir until melted.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and garnish with filberts for a nice crunch.
- Enjoy as is or brighten it up with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.