TURKEY WITH QUINOA, CARAMELIZED APPLE, AND CRANBERRY STUFFING
In collaboration with
Hubert Cormier, Nutritionniste
6 and more Portions
15 min Prepping
- 1 Exceldor freezer to oven turkey, approx. 4 kg
- 1 cup (250 ml) quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- ½ cup (125 ml) dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. (10 ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) Provence herbs
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) maple syrup
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) unsalted butter
Click the steps to erase them.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place quinoa in a sieve and rinse, then transfer to a saucepan.
- Add water and cranberries and cook 15 to 20 minutes until quinoa is well cooked.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion in olive oil until tender, then add herbs and spices. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, caramelize apple slices in butter and maple syrup for a few minutes.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, add onions and apples to mixture. Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Stuff turkey and bake for 3½ to 4 hours.