TURKEY PATTY SHELLS WITH AGED CHEDDAR BÉCHAMEL
Try camembert or brie instead of cheddar.
Add sautéed wild mushrooms to the turkey filling.
Whole Poultry Quiches, pâtés, pies, and puffs To freeze In advance Thanksgiving Exceldor classics Holiday season
20 min Prepping
30 min Cooking
- 1 lb. (450 g) Exceldor turkey, cooked
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) carrots, diced
- 1 cup (250 ml) frozen peas
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 patty shells
AGED CHEDDAR BÉCHAMEL
- ¼ cup (60 ml) butter
- ¼ cup (60 ml) flour
- 4 cups (1 L) milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated aged cheddar
- Salt and pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Pour 1 cup (250 ml) of chicken broth into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, add carrots, and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add turkey, peas, and bell pepper. Continue cooking covered for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat patty shells in the oven at 350°F (180°C) for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir using a wooden spatula. Continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Continue cooking, stirring until thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Incorporate cheddar and continue cooking for 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Fill patties with filling and top with cheese mixture. Serve hot with your choice of vegetables.