15 min Prepping
- 2 yellow onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 celery stalks (with leaves), coarsely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh (or dried) thyme
- 5–6 whole peppercorns
- Salt to taste
Click the steps to erase them.
- Combine all ingredients in a 6 L pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 2 to 3 hours. When done cooking, season with salt to taste.
- Strain broth and discard carcass and vegetables.
- To degrease broth, refrigerate several hours then skim off layer of fat that has solidified on surface.
- Store in fridge and use within one week, or freeze in airtight plastic containers.