SPICY CHICKEN CURRY
15 min Prepping
15 min Cooking
- 2 lb. (1 kg) of Exceldor boneless chicken thighs, cut into large strips
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) chopped ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) honey
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) turmeric
- ¼ tsp. (1 ml) ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp. (1 ml) ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. (1 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups (375 ml) canned Italian tomatoes, thoroughly drained and chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) Tabasco sauce
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) plain Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) finely chopped fresh coriander
- ¼ cup (60 ml) toasted slivered almonds
- Salt and pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Heat oil and brown chicken in a large skillet over medium-high (about 3 minutes). Add onion, pepper, ginger, garlic, and spices, then salt and pepper. Continue cooking for a few minutes, stirring often to thoroughly coat chicken with spice mix.
- Add tomatoes and Tabasco sauce; blend thoroughly.
- Cover and gently simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- When ready to serve, garnish with yogurt and coriander. Serve over rice and top with almonds.