ROAST TURKEY WITH TURKEY MEATBALL STEW
6 and more Portions
10 min Prepping
- 4 cups (1 L) homemade or store-bought demi-glace
- 1 cup (250 ml) white wine
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 lb. (1 kg) of Exceldor Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125 ml) breadcrumbs, soaked in ¼ cup (60 ml) milk
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup (60 ml) finely chopped fresh chives
- 8 carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 4 parsnips, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 8 French shallots, peeled and halved
Click the steps to erase them.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, eggs, breadcrumb mixture, onion, garlic, and herbs. Add salt and pepper.
- Form into about 25 meatballs.
- Remove “Freezer to Oven” whole turkey from bag and place directly in a roasting pan, without thawing. The plastic leg tie is specially designed for oven cooking. Arrange meatballs around turkey and add demi-glace, wine, thyme, and rosemary.
- Place roasting pan in oven with lid on.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Click here to consult the cooking table for “Freezer to Oven” whole turkey.
- After 3 hours of cooking, insert cooking thermometer deeply between thigh and breast without touching bone.
- Continue cooking until thermometer reaches 180°F (82°C).
- Add root vegetables and French shallots during last hour and continue cooking until vegetables are golden brown and caramelized.
- Remove lid during last 30 minutes and continue cooking until turkey skin is golden and crispy.
- Let the turkey sit for 15 minutes before carving.