ROAST DIJON CHICKEN AND ROOT VEGETABLES
15 min Prepping
- 1 small onion, halved
- 1 whole garlic clove, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme or rosemary
- 1 slice of lemon
- 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 4 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) coarse salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 (125 ml) water
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) melted butter
Click the steps to erase them.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) with rack in middle position.
- Salt and pepper inside of chicken and insert onion, garlic, bay leaf, herbs, and lemon.
- Use a fork to whisk together Dijon mustard and butter in a bowl. Brush chicken with mixture.
- Spread root vegetables on an oiled drip pan and place chicken on top of vegetables. Pour water in the bottom of the drip pan and bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Check occasionally to make sure vegetables are not drying out. If they are, add a little water.
- Chicken is cooked when a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 180°F (82°C).
- Serve with root vegetables cooked with chicken juices.