ROAST CHICKEN SUPREME WITH CHERRY TOMATOES AND PEARL ONIONS
Serve with parsnip instead of potato puree to give a new flavour to your recipe!
15 min Prepping
15 min Cooking
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 12 pearl onions, peeled and diced
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) honey
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 ml) homemade or store-bought veal stock
- 1 sprig fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) cold butter, cubed
- Microgreens, as garnish
- Salt and pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high
- heat and add chicken. Add salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken on both sides.
- Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, sauté pearl onions till golden.
- Deglaze with balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Reduce till nearly dry.
- Add cherry tomatoes, veal stock, and thyme.
- Return chicken to skillet and bake 15 minutes at 350°F (180 °C) until the chicken is fully cooked (internal temperature = 170°F (77°C)).
- Set aside chicken and keep warm and reduce sauce to syrupy consistency. Whisk in butter. Adjust seasoning.
- Pour sauce over chicken supremes, garnish with tomatoes, onions, and microgreens.