FRIED CHICKEN AND WAFFLES
In collaboration with
40 min Prepping
15 min Cooking
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cups of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) of flour
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of corn starch
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) of pepper
- 6 waffles (homemade or store-bought waffles)
- Maple syrup flavor
- Your favorite fruits
Click the steps to erase them.
- Place the chicken thighs in buttermilk. Allow to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the breading (mixture of flour and starch).
- Coat chicken thighs with breading mixture.
(Optional) For crispier chicken, repeat the previous step a second time.
- Place 2 thighs at a time in hot oil for 15 minutes of cooking.
- Place chicken thighs on your waffles and top with your prepared fruit. Add maple syrup.