Rub chicken with a mixture of salt, chopped rosemary, and lemon zest, and grill to bring out the flavours.
Vary the accompaniments for this recipe. Replace the rapini with kale. Add cherry tomatoes to the frying pan.
Use a whole chicken, butterflied, and wow your guests!
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) piri-piri sauce or other hot sauce (sambal oelek, sriracha, etc.)
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 roasted bell pepper, julienned
- 1 head of rapini, blanched and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Add generous amounts of salt and pepper to the chicken pieces and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix olive oil, hot sauce, paprika, smoked paprika, and garlic. Coat chicken with this mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In an oven-proof frying pan, brown the chicken pieces, adding a bit of oil if necessary. Add potatoes and onions and continue cooking until golden.
- Put in oven and bake about 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Add roasted bell pepper and rapini and cook another 5 minutes.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Garnish with parsley and chives. Serve hot with warm, crusty Portuguese bread.