STICKY FIVE-SPICE ORANGE CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
15 min Prepping
40 min Cooking
- 2 packs Exceldor chicken drumsticks
- 3/4 cup (190 ml) mild chili sauce
- 4 claves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- Juice and zest of 2 oranges
- 1/2 tsp. (2 1/2 ml) chili flakes
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) tomato paste
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) five-spice powder (Asian spice mix)
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) salt
- Fleur de sel
- Espelette pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Divide the marinade in half and set 1 half aside for basting the drumsticks while they’re in the oven.
- Put drumsticks with the first half of the marinade in a reusable plastic bag and marinate 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
- Place the drumsticks on a parchment-covered baking sheet on the middle oven rack and bake for 40 minutes. Brush with the basting marinade every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place drumsticks on a serving dish. Garnish with fleur de sel and Espelette pepper.