PEAR AND ROSEMARY BALSAMIC BRAISED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
In collaboration with
5 min Prepping
5 min Cooking
- 350 ml red pear (or any other type of pear), cut into pieces
- 250 ml (1 cup) onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- The leaves of 3 rosemary sprigs, minced
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) balsamic vinegar
- 65 ml (¼ cup) white wine
- 65 ml (¼ cup) chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Click the steps to erase them.
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- In a medium-sized nonstick pan, heat the oil and butter. Add the onion, garlic, and pear, and caramelize. Brown the chicken drumsticks for approximately 2 minutes per side. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and let boil for approximately one minute. Add the rosemary, chicken broth, and white wine.
- Transfer to an oven-safe dish. Cover and bake at 300°F (150°C) for approximately 60 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue cooking for about 30 minutes.
- Serve the drumsticks on a bed of balsamic pears and sprinkle with rosemary.