Air fryer crispy honey and garlic thighs
Thighs Appetizers / tapas Oven Air fryer Fryer To freeze In advance Favourites Cocktail hour Kids’ Favourites Super bowl / sporting events
15 min Prepping
15 min Cooking
- 6 Exceldor chicken thighs cut into strips
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 625 ml (2 1/2 cups) crushed oven-toasted cornflake cereal
For the sauce
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) soy sauce
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) honey
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) sweet chili sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped garlic
Click the steps to erase them.
- Preheat the air fryer to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper.
- Get three bowls. In the first, put the flour. In another bowl, whisk the eggs. In the third, put the cornflake cereal.
- Dip each chicken strip in the flour, then into the eggs and drain to remove the excess. Coat the strips with cereal.
- Place the chicken strips in the basket of the air fryer in a single layer. Spray with cooking coating.
- Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, turning the strips halfway through, until the inside of the chicken meat is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, mix the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into a large bowl. Add the crispy chicken strips to the bowl and stir to coat with sauce.
Skip this section