GRILLED CHICKEN SKINS AND JALAPENOS
25 min Prepping
30 min Cooking
CHICKEN SKIN / SEASONING
- 8 Exceldor chicken drumstick skins
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) onion powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lime zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 jalapenos
- 1 cup (250 ml) smoked gouda cheese, grated
- 1 ear of corn
- ½ cup (125 ml) sour cream
- ½ lime, grilled
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) green onions, chopped
- Fresh coriander, to taste
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) of butter
Click the steps to erase them.
- Using a fillet knife, separate the skin from the drumsticks, pulling from the bottom to the top. Season the chicken skins. Spread out the skins, separately, making sure they are spread out properly.
- Put the butter on a medium-hot griddle and spread out the seasoned chicken skins. If possible, use a weight or pan to flatten the skins during cooking. Grill to get a nice colour. Depending on the heat, about 5 to 10 minutes per side. Pat the skins dry and set aside.
- Shuck the corn from the cob. Roast the corn grains with butter on the griddle. Once coloured, set aside. Cut the limes in half, then grill to get a nice dark colour.
Cut the jalapenos in half and remove the seeds. Stuff with the corn grains first and complete with the grated cheese. Prioritize the cheese.
- Place the jalapenos in a frying pan on the coals with the lid closed. Add coals to the lid and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve in a cast iron skillet and add sour cream, limes, green onions, coriander, and grilled chicken skins.
TipsOnce the skins are removed, save the drumsticks for another recipe.
Avoid flames and high temperatures.