GARLIC AND PARMESAN CHICKEN STEW
nut-free, egg-free, freezes
20 min Prepping
35 min Cooking
- 2 packs of 6 Exceldor chicken thighs, cut in cubes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, cut into slices
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) garlic, minced
- 3 celery stalks, cubed
- ¼ cup (60 ml) all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (750 ml) chicken broth
- 1 lb (450 g) baby potatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup (250 ml) 15 % cooking cream
- ²⁄³ cup (160 ml) grated parmesan
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh parsley, chopped
Click the steps to erase them.
- In a casserole, heat the oil over medium heat. Brown chicken thighs for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the onion, carrots, garlic, and celery. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir. Pour in broth and bring to a boil.
- Add baby potatoes, thyme, and bay leaf. Cover and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes over low-medium heat, until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add cream, parmesan, and parsley. Stir. Heat for 1 to 2 minutes.