CREAMY TURKEY AND POTATO SOUP
In collaboration with
Nancy Bordeleau, Cinq Fourchettes
6 and more Portions
15 min Prepping
30 min Cooking
- 4 cups (1 L) Exceldor turkey, shredded
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) butter
- 2 celery stalks (leaves included), diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) flour
- 3 Russet potatoes, diced
- 1½ tbsp. (23 ml) fresh sage, chopped
- 1½ tbsp. (23 ml) fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken stock
- 1½ cups (375 ml) 15% cream
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1½ tbsp. (25 ml) fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Click the steps to erase them.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan on medium-high. Add onion and celery and cook 2 minutes.
- Add flour and stir 1 minute.
- Add stock, cream, potatoes, thyme, and sage.
- Bring to a boil and reduce on medium heat.
- Cover and simmer 12 minutes.
- Add carrots and let simmer another 8 minutes or so, until carrots are cooked.
- Add turkey and continue cooking 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a baguette or croutons.