CREAMY CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS
15 min Prepping
20 min Cooking
- 2 Exceldor chicken breasts cut in slices
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) butter
- 4 cups (450 g) mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 French shallots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) whole grain mustard
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) 35% cream
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) tarragon
- Salt and ground black pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- In a large nonstick skillet over high heat, sear chicken slices in olive oil without moving them for about a minute and a half on each side.
- Transfer chicken to a separate dish, return skillet to heat, and add butter.
- Brown mushrooms over high heat for 3 minutes, add shallots and garlic, then continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, mustard, and cream, reduce heat to medium, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with tarragon.