COMFORTING THAI CHICKEN SOUP
In collaboration with
Hubert Cormier, Nutritionniste
15 min Prepping
25 min Cooking
3 Exceldor chicken breasts, diced
- 1 onion, cut into strips
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) fish sauce
- 1 can (400 ml) light coconut milk
- 4 cups (1 L) unsalted chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) yellow curry paste
- 4 cups (1 L) bean sprouts
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, minced
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Sriracha sauce, to taste (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Click the steps to erase them.
- In a large saucepan, brown chicken in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and carrots and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, fish sauce, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and add yellow curry paste.
- Simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Divide bean sprouts among 6 soup bowls.
- Pour hot soup directly over sprouts and garnish with cilantro, sesame seeds, green onions, Sriracha sauce, and lime wedge.