Chicken chow mein
In collaboration with
Trois fois par jour
15 min Prepping
20 min Cooking
- 2 Exceldor chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 4 portions of long egg noodles
- A drizzle of sesame oil
- A drizzle of vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pepper, cut into strips
- 1 carrot, cut into wedges
- 1 tray of shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
Note: You can use a different selection of vegetables for variety. Sprouted beans, broccoli florets, snow peas or sweet peas, celery would be delicious in this recipe too!
Click the steps to erase them.
- Cook the noodles in a pot of boiling water, then drain and rinse in cold water. Add a thin drizzle of sesame oil, mix, and set aside.
- In a large measuring cup, combine all the ingredients “for the sauce”. Set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of vegetable oil in a wok or large, high-sided pan. Add chicken strips and cook for a few minutes, stirring, until they are thoroughly cooked.
- Add the onion, pepper, carrot, and shiitake mushrooms and cook while stirring, until the vegetables are al dente. Pour the vegetables and chicken into a plate.
- Pour a drizzle of oil into the wok, add the reserved cooled noodles and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, stirring with tongs. Add the sauce and stir.
- Add the vegetables and chicken, stir again to blend well, adjust the seasoning, and serve hot.