CHICKEN WITH COCONUT MILK AND RED CURRY
In collaboration with
15 min Prepping
20 min Cooking
- 2 Exceldor chicken breasts cut in strips
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) red curry paste
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) honey
- 1/2 tbsp. (7.5 ml) fish sauce
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) Sriracha hot sauce
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) Thai basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) cashews, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Click the steps to erase them.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tbsp. (15 ml) oil and cook onion and pepper for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add jalapeño, lemongrass, garlic, and ginger and continue cooking for 3 minutes. Transfer to a separate dish and set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add a little oil to the same pan and cook chicken and red curry paste for 5 to 6 minutes, turning chicken a few times.
- Add vegetables, coconut milk, honey, fish sauce, lime juice, and Sriracha.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with Thai basil and cashews. Serve with rice.