Whole Poultry Appetizers / tapas Nachos and tacos Oven Mexican Recipes Cocktail hour Internationally inspired
15 min Prepping
- 1 Exceldor whole chicken – you will need 2 cups (500 ml) cooked and shredded chicken for the recipe
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) chili powder
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250 ml) Tex Mex shredded cheese blend
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) salsa
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) red onion, finely minced
- 10 small corn or flour tortillas
- Canola oil
- Grated cheese
- Sour cream
- Red bell pepper
- Diced tomatoes
Click the steps to erase them.
- Roast chicken in a roasting pan at 350°F (176°C) for 60 minutes.
- Carve meat off chicken and shred 2 cups (500 ml) for the taquitos; refrigerate the rest for another use.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, spices, cream cheese, shredded cheese, cilantro, lime juice, peppers, salsa, and red onion.
- Spoon a little of the mixture on the bottom third of the tortilla.
- Roll it up and place it, seam down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining 9 tortillas.
- Brush taquitos with canola oil and bake in a 350°F (176°C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Arrange on a serving platter with toppings.