In collaboration with
Trois fois par jour
6 and more Portions
15 min Prepping
- 8 Exceldor boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- Tortillas, rice, bread, fresh cilantro, limes (optional, to serve)
- 4 dried guajillo peppers, without stems (see note)
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 1 can (798 ml) whole Italian tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate (70% to 85%)
- ¼ cup almonds or sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup dried grapes
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground chipotle pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. coriander powder
Note: Dried guajillo peppers are readily available in most grocery shops in the spice shelves. They are sold in plastic containers.
Click the steps to erase them.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Place the chicken in a covered casserole dish and season abundantly.
- Place the dried whole chillies in a bowl or small saucepan and pour in hot water. Cover and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes, until the chillies become soft. Drain the peppers and put them in a blender.
- Add all the “sauce” ingredients in the blender and liquefy. Pour the sauce obtained into the saucepan containing the chicken.
- Cover the pan and bake for 3 hours.
- Shred the chicken in the sauce and serve on tacos, sandwiches, or rice, with condiments of your choice.