20 min Prepping
45 min Cooking
- 1 Exceldor whole chicken cut in pieces
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil, divided
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) ground coriander
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) ground cumin
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) ground fennel
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green hot pepper (jalapeño or Serrano)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) chili flakes
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Colombo powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 can (398 ml) coconut milk
- 2 yellow potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- Fresh cilantro
Click the steps to erase them.
- Heat 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil in a Dutch oven on medium high and sauté spices for 30 seconds. Add chicken pieces, salt, and pepper, then brown chicken till it’s nice and brown on all sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the Dutch oven and sauté onion, green hot pepper, garlic, chili flakes, and Colombo powder for 2 minutes. Add lime juice, coconut milk, potato cubes, and sweet potato cubes.
- Cover Dutch oven and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add zucchini and simmer uncovered another 15 minutes to thicken the sauce. Adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with white rice.