BUTTER CHICKEN WITH CASHEWS
In collaboration with
Catherine Cormier & Catherine Côté, Cath Cuisine
25 min Prepping
- 4 Exceldor chicken breasts, diced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 oz. (90 ml) butter
- 4 tsp. (20 ml) curry paste
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) garam masala
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) fresh ginger, grated
- ½ cup (125 ml) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup (250 ml) cashews (soak them overnight)
- ⅔ cup (170 ml) tomato paste (or 1 half-tube tomato paste)
- 2 cups (500 ml) coconut milk *
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) maple syrup
- 1 cup (250 ml) rice
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Fresh herbs (cilantro, parsley or mint) to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Click the steps to erase them.
- Soak the cashews overnight the night before.
- In a large frying pan, brown the onion and garlic in 1 tsp. (5 ml) butter. Season with salt and pepper, then add the curry paste, garam masala and ginger. Remove from heat, mix in the Greek yogurt and set aside.
- Blend this preparation, adding in the soaked and drained cashews, tomato paste, coconut milk and maple syrup.
- Heat up the same pan, transfer the mixture into it and bring to a boil. Lower heat, add the chicken breast cubes and simmer for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare the rice according to package directions. Once the rice is ready, add the lime juice and zest and the herbs you chose and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the butter chicken on a bed of rice.