BBQ CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
10 min Prepping
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup (125 ml) ketchup
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) liquid honey
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper
TO SERVEServe with Puy lentil, herb quinoa, and toasted almond salad. Add avocadoes, cherry tomatoes, and herbs such as basil, parsley, chives, and coriander.
Click the steps to erase them.
- Heat oil in a skillet and brown onions over low heat until caramelized. Add all remaining ingredients except chicken drumsticks. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes, stirring constantly. Let cool.
- Place chicken in a large dish. Add marinade and mix to coat thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Drain chicken and brown in a little oil in skillet for a few minutes. Set marinade aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place chicken on paper and pour reserved marinade on top. Marinade should be brushed on just before cooking to prevent any contamination.
- Bake for 40 minutes until thoroughly caramelized, turning chicken halfway through cooking.
- Serve with Puy lentil, herb quinoa, and toasted
- almond salad. Add avocadoes, cherry tomatoes,
- and herbs such as basil, parsley, chives, and coriander.