15 min Prepping
20 min Cooking
- 2 Exceldor chicken breasts cut in slices
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 each red, green, and yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) tomato paste
- 2 cups (one 500 ml can) canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) paprika
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 bouquet garni*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley
Click the steps to erase them.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown slices 3–4 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Sauté onion 2 minutes, add garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute. Add bell peppers and cook for another 2 minutes. Deglaze with white wine and reduce liquid by half. Stir in tomatoes, paprika, olives, and bouquet garni. Bring sauce to a boil, then add chicken medallions.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with rice and garnish with chopped parsley.
*A bouquet garni is a bundle of fresh herbs like bay leaf, rosemary, and thyme, tied together and simmered during cooking. It can be substituted with 1 tsp. (5 ml) of each dried herb.