ASIAN ORANGE CHICKEN
15 min Prepping
15 min Cooking
- 2 Exceldor chicken breasts cut in slices
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) orange juice
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) sambal oelek hot sauce
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) cornstarch
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) water
- Thin orange slices
- Orange zest
- Green onions, chopped
Click the steps to erase them.
- Combine all sauce ingredients (except cornstarch and water) in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce sauce by half, about 10 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in water and stir into sauce. Cook until sauce has thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet. Brown chicken slices over medium-high heat 3–4 minutes on each side.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve. Garnish with orange slices, orange zest, and green onions.