CHICKEN FRICASSÉE WITH BROCCOLI AND RICE
10 min Prepping
30 min Cooking
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of Chicken Broth
- 1 Broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) of Basmati Rice
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. of Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) of Dried Oregano (optional)
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of Onion Powder (optional)
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of American Saffron (optional)
- 60 g (1/8 lb) of Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper
Click the steps to erase them.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Bring 2 pots of salted water to a boil.
- Drop chicken breasts into 1 pot and broccoli florets into the other. Cook chicken for 15 minutes and broccoli for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain broccoli and rinse in cold water. Reserve.
- Using 2 forks, shred the chicken and reserve.
- Bring the broth and rice to a boil in a pot over high heat, cover, reduce to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, sweat garlic in half of the olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes more, stirring often.
- Add spice mix (optional).
- Add broth and let it reduce by half, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and cooking cream and mix well. Cook for 3 minutes more to thicken a bit.
- Turn off heat and add half of the cheese. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chicken mixture in a baking dish and sprinkle top with remaining cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts and mixture starts to bubble.
- Drizzle broccoli with remaining olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper. Serve chicken fricassée with broccoli and rice.